Thursday, March 31, 2011

TED's Ads Worth Spreading

TED, have I told you lately how much I admire you? Probably not. I am often amazed when I talk about TED videos to people and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's almost inconceivable to me that there are people who don't know about TED. But that's not really what I intended to talk about today. I was merely going to praise the great people behind TED for starting a new thing called "Ads Worth Spreading" (it's a play on the tagline for TED, "ideas worth spreading"). Their first ten winners of this competition are posted here, but I thought I'd share my favorite with you. It's all graphics and music, which I love. All the pieces work together: the story, stylization, music, and execution bring about this really fabulous piece of work. Though I can't figure out how to embed the video, I encourage you to watch it:

TED | Ads Worth Spreading | Girl Effect: The Clock is Ticking

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE TED. So awesome. Always intrigued by the speech whether or not I know anything about the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too! Fantastic message and presentation!!!!! I'm going to check out the other winners, but this one will be hard to top.

    ReplyDelete