Thursday, July 7, 2011

Devil's Tower and Little Planets

...a continuation from my last post on hiking in the Black Hills.

Before downloading the Photosynth app on my phone, I was still taking panoramas with my regular camera, which Photoshop was kind enough to stitch together for me. And then I turned them into fun little planets of the Black Hills:



As the Black Hills were only a logical stopping point for us on our way to Yellowstone, we did not stay long. Another "logical" stop was Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming. Though we did not intend to spend more than a couple hours there, we did go a little out of our way to get there. It was an interesting little drive as the most direct route was closed and we found our way via dirt roads and through hunting grounds. A mooing roadblock gave us about 10 minute's pause:




We walked the 1.3 mi Tower Trail loop, watched some climbers scale the tower and then got back into the car to drive to Gardiner, MT.

Here is my little planet of Devils Tower:

All photos copyright Katrina Kouba Boles.

Next installment: Day 1 in Yellowstone NP

No comments:

Post a Comment