Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monarch caterpillars day 7

Today is a big day! Little Jamie has started the metamorphosis to become a Monarch butterfly!! What's more is that I still have six more caterpillars to watch on my milkweed, and I've relocated another to inside the house. This one is one of the longest/fattest of the bunch, so I'm hoping chrysalis is coming soon. And tomorrow or Saturday, now that I have cleaned out Jamie's jar and moved him/her to a new home, I will probably adopt another. :)



I was going to take this one since it's eating my flower buds, but I couldn't come up with an easy way to take it without potential damage or dropage

And now for my new adopted caterpillar (before capture):


And here's Jamie at the onset of the chrysalis process:

No comments:

Post a Comment