Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spiritual Design

After finding out about a contemporary miracle - that of Melanie Pritchard, wife of a friend of my brother's, who came back from the dead less than a month ago - I am finding myself interested in the spiritual stories of women. And it couldn't be better timing. John Henry Cardinal Newman will be beatified next month and to give the people of my church a message from the Cardinal, I've been commissioned to design an inspiring postcard. Below are some simple designs I did today and will present tomorrow:
The quotes, if you can't read them are:
"To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often."
"Faith is the result of the act of the will, following upon a conviction that to believe is a duty."
"I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: 'Go down again - I dwell among the people.'"
"Learn to do thy part and leave the rest to heaven."

Among other pretty things, here is a lovely video made entirely in AfterEffects:

Futurist from Tony Legolas on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I like the nature themed ones, but I've always felt closer to that Spiritual state in nature :)

    ReplyDelete